Sunday, August 9, 2009

The China Diet

I’m not sure how I will post photos onto Facebook or this blog when using a proxy server. (Yikes!!! It is still storming as I write – using battery power – and it is one impressive display just now, though not as bad as our camping trip in Omaha, Nebraska was years ago. You sure have to respect Mother Nature). I think I will probably set up a Picassa or Flickr account (hope I don’t have to proxy that too) for you to view photos. I’ll let you know.

Snack food from the U.S. is easily available here in the Clifford/Panyu area. The “difficulty” for me is that I don’t eat refined sugar. Without the “health food” options that I had available locally in the U.S., I have much less snacking going on. I eat some crackers or fruit occasionally, but most of it is unfamiliar, so it doesn’t have much “comfort food” value. I have no scale, but I know I haven’t gained any weight since moving here, and I may have lost a little, all while lounging around in hotels. For all of us though, the food is unfamiliar, so we tend to stop eating when we are satisfied rather than full at mealtime. It should be interesting to see what happens with all our weights.

I have curly hair now, which has surprised my children and Brad. I don’t even try to make it straight – why fight a losing battle? I just try to keep it from being frizzy. I will try to get some photos up soon somehow, and you can see.

We went to have photos for our Clifford I.D. cards taken last night. They took the photos and then Photo-shopped them! They removed pimples, and other skin blemishes. This was strange to us, but we sure liked the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment