Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Cover of sheet music for "The Star-Spangl...Image via Wikipedia

One thing I am really glad about with this move to China thing. We will come back to the U.S. every summer. I am so happy that we will be here for the 4th of July. I think we probably will be very glad for a heavy dose of "God Bless America" and "The Star-Spangled Banner". Besides that, today I ran the Provo Freedom Festival 5K the whole distance. I have never run that far before and I would like to do that race again. Erin and Jace also did it. Brad ran the 10K. Yea! To top it all off we had the big family 4th of July picnic. It wouldn't be a properly celebrated holiday without everyone there playing games together. Especially the candy bar game!

Tonight we will once again go to park along with the Stadium of Fire crowd and have a picnic, games, and watch the fireworks. Ooo... aaah... ohhh...

Tomorrow the guys leave for Timberline Scout leadership training all week. Hopefully the girls and I can get a lot done at home to make progress toward moving. Only 23 days left!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing your first run. I'm proud of you. Whew!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete