Friday, July 3, 2009

Making Salve to Take Along

A female mosquito of the Culicidae family (Cul...Image via Wikipedia

Today was spent making our family's favorite skin salve. We call it Boo-Boo Goo. It's great for insect bites or stings, or cuts. It seems to decrease irritation and help the wound heal quickly. I made a double batch because of requests from some family members. We want to be able to take some with us to China. I don't want to have to figure out what the Chinese equivalent is. It's a long, slow process but it was a good occupation while I waited for my girls to come home from camp (covered in mosquito bites!).

Monday will be a soap day, I think, since I also want to take about a year's supply of homemade soap with us (I KNOW China's Customs officials would frown on bringing the chemicals necessary to make soap over there!).

A friend died today. I think that after her long battle with cancer, she can finally have peace and rest. I only hope her family can too. I pray for them.

Tomorrow is Independence Day. Besides running the Provo Freedom Festival 5K, and enjoying some picnics with family, I plan to take a few minutes to re-read the document that started it all. You can read it too if you click here. Happy Holiday!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment