Monday, July 6, 2009

Sticks, Not Soap Today

Part of me keeps waiting to receive news that, "never mind, you're not going to China after all," but the news never comes. Although if the passports don't hurry up and get here, it just might happen. They are supposed to be here by the 8th. We paid a fortune in expedite fees, so they'd better hurry up.

I'm starting to feel the time crunch. Partly because Brad is at Timberline Scout Camp and I'm not sure what to pack, and partly because things keep coming up that seem to eat time. We need to get the car's registration and inspection renewed, new tires (here's expensive: new tires on 4 cars in 2 months!), and an oil change and tune-up. I need to get sealed grade transcripts for school applications, try to keep a running list of what we should bring, and oh yeah! half a bazillion passport photos (well maybe not quite that many).

At some point this week I need to get some sunshine. The eczema on my leg is FINALLY almost gone thanks to the sun and vitamin D and I want that to continue to be a happy thing. (When all else fails, do what the dermatologist first recommended, lol.)

Today was not a soap day. It was a stick day. We finally got rid of all the pruned branches and the bush stumps that we recently dug up (and some not so recently). Tomorrow will not be a soap day either. It will be a funeral and dentist day; neither of which are the cause of nor contributing to the other circumstance. :-)

For a Girls' Night FHE (Family Home Evening), we went to the Dollar Movies. Best deal in town on a Monday, $2 for 4 people. I almost felt like I was stealing, the price is so ridiculously low on Mondays, I had to laugh. We went and saw the Hannah Montana Movie. That is a silly but fun show, with some make-you-move music. It was actually nice to go to a show where I didn't worry about "naughty scenes" or language.

At this point, I'm too tired to think about anything more to write.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment